Small gatherings have been an integral part of the church since it was started on the Day of Pentecost almost 2000 years ago.
The pastors and the elders of Shepherd of the Hills have been convicted there needs to be a renewed focus on gathering together for fellowship, time in the word, and praying for each other (Acts 2:42). The timing seems especially perfect due to the separation and potential isolation caused by the shutdowns around COVID-19.
Below you will find a variety of small groups, both online and in-person, for you to pray about and potentially join. All groups will be taking a time to fellowship (get to know each other better), to discuss lightly the Gospel reading of the week, and to end each session with praying for each other and for the community.
Mark Schnose (elder): Tuesdays at 5pm on Zoom.
- While this group is open to all, it's unique is set up for the commuter who wouldn't mind deepening their faith while traveling home.
Pastor Larry Bogardus: Wednesdays at 10am at Church
- This small group is open for men only and is specifically designed to go deep into faith matters that face men especially. The group meets under the breezeway, socially distancing.
Chuck Rose (elder) w/Pastor Larry: Wednesdays at Noon at Church
- This small group is open to all and you are encouraged to bring your lunch along with you. This group meets under the breeze way, socially distancing.
Martin Twombly (elder): Wednesdays at 6pm in his backyard
- This small group is open to all. This group meets in Martin's spacious backyard, socially distanced.
Craig Eaker (elder): Wednesday at 6:30pm on Zoom
- This small group is open to all and is specifically taking over the time slot held by Hybrid for many years.
Dick Holk (elder): Thursdays at 10am at Church
- This small group is open to all. The group will meet under the breezeway, socially distancing.
Jonathan Howard (elder): Thursdays at 8pm on Zoom
- This small group is open to all and it's time slot is really going for all those night owls out there (or parents who just put down there young kids)
If you wish to contact any of these leaders directly before signing up, click on their names to send them an email.
Click here to sign up with one of these small groups